Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- The Tow Research Day and Awards were initiated due to the vision of Dr Wally Tow, a visitor from Singapore in the early 1970s, who passed away in 2019.
- The Tow Research Day provides a common forum on the Randwick hospitals campus called the Tow Research Day for junior investigators to present their basic and clinical research. This fosters collaborations between clinical investigators and research scientists who are located at the many research institutes and hospitals around the Randwick hospitals campus.
- The Coast Medical Association Tow Research Committee was created and registered as a charitable entity in 1973 in recognition of the origin of the Tow Research Awards, which was part of the annual meeting of the Coast Medical Association.
- The purpose of the Committee is to foster the conduct of research at the Hospital Complex by any:
- Research group or institution within the grounds of the Hospital Complex or Affiliated Clinical or Research Centre;or
- Person within the grounds of the Hospital Complex or Affilliated Clincal or Research Centre.